Hair Fall Treatment
What are the treatments available for Hair fall?
Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
• Infections should be managed.
• Deficiencies should be amended.
• Causative drugs should be re- evaluated for use.
The treatment plan would involve imparting the appropriate growth factors and fundamental vitamins with targeted in-clinic services for stimulating and strengthening the hair follicles to reduce/ diminish hair fall depending upon the clinical case.
Mesotherapy is a technique with which special serums, stem cell and growth factors are injected into the hair follicle to stimulate hair growth. It may be delivered with a device known as Meso gun or with the help of syringes. Utmost care must be taken to ensure that the serums are delivered to the part of the hair follicle where the hair loss is taking from.
This is a recent technique where a special instrument known as Dermaroller® is used to induce puncture points in the scalp skin. This leads to release of various growth factors which cause increased hair growth. This therapy is done under local anesthesia. Multiple injections are given along the rim of scalp to numb the area. Once the scalp becomes numb, the therapy is performed. At our center, we frequently combine Microneedling with PRP therapy. The total procedure typically takes about 30-40 minutes. Patient can go home after the therapy. Excessive travel should be avoided for 1 day. Sessions are repeated at 3-4 weeks. A minimum of 3-4 sessions are required to see visible results. The therapy yields better results in short hair thus it is advisable to trim hair prior to therapy.
Platelet Rich Plasma therapy (PRP)
Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy is a procedure done by our specialist to combat and treat baldness/hair thinning by an advanced technique using high yielding platelets which are procured from patients own blood serum. The patient’s blood is prepared to separate each component of the blood. Then, the platelet rich plasma is separated and then injected into the patient's scalp.
This platelet rich plasma carries growth factors which enhance productivity of new hair follicle stimulating cells. PRP technique can be used in sequence with other surgical hair restoration procedures or could be a very suitable alternative for individuals opting not to have a surgery.
Who is the right candidate for PRP Therapy?
People who have
• Thinning hair problem
• Androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness – hair loss at the top of the scalp and a receding hairline along the temples).
• Women with female pattern hair loss
Benefits of Derma Circles PRP Therapy
• It eliminates the risks like allergies, hypersensitivity, and other adverse reactions as the person's own blood is used in the procedures.
• No use of chemicals or chemically bonded injectables.
• It is one of the most effective treatments for hair loss as the results can be visible after initial 1 to 2 sessions only.
• PRP treatment gives a very natural and aesthetic look and no one can really make out that you have undergone a procedure as there are no cuts, bandages or scars.
• There is no downtime, no recovery period; you can resume normal day to day activities the very same day.